Dying Light 2 Lag Fix, Low-PC, FPS Boost, Stuttering & More
- Fixed lag, drop in FPS, stutter in Icarus
- Unlock your Windows (Automatically remove unnecessary applications)
- Enable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
- Stop all startup and background apps
- Disable startup apps in Windows 11 and Windows 10
- Ultimate Performance Power Plan for Windows
- Use Razor Game Booster for more FPS
- Icarus Fix Crash, Freeze, Stuck and more (remastered)
- Delete temporary files
- Update your Windows to the latest version
- Update GPU Drivers to Latest
- Disable third-party overlays
- Disable or completely uninstall your antivirus
- Fullscreen optimizations and DPI replacement
In this article, we’ll help you fix Dying Light 2 lag on low-end or standard PCs. By following the guide, you can eliminate stuttering, increase fps, and overcome other difficulties that you might face while playing the game on your computer / laptop.
Techland is developing and releasing Dying Light 2 Stay Human, an upcoming action role-playing game. The game, a 2015 sequel to Dying Light, will be released on February 4, 2022 for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X / S.
- 1 Fixed lag, drop in FPS, stutter in Icarus
- 2 Icarus Fix Crash, Freeze, Stuck and more (remastered)
Fixed lag, drop in FPS, stutter in Icarus
If your windows and computer aren’t optimized properly, you will experience frame rate drops, lag, and stuttering. If you participate in every game you play. So don’t worry. This guide will help you to fix any issues and improve game performance.
Unlock your Windows (Automatically remove unnecessary applications)
Windows 10 and 11 come preinstalled with lots of unwanted apps. These apps are always running in the background resulting in decreased in-game performance and packet loss in online games.
All you have to do is download Windows 10 and 11 Unblocker from the mentioned link and follow the instructions mentioned in the article. This way you can free up a lot of space which will increase your FPS.
- Get Windows 11 Debloater Github from the link above.
- Then just extract all the files to your desktop.
- Just run Powershell as administrator and enter the following command: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Force
- Now navigate to your extracted directory by typing cd Desktop or where your files are stored.
- Enter the name of the script you want to run, Windows10DebloaterGUI.ps1, and press Enter.
Enable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
It will use up your graphics card while performing tasks that require heavy GPU usage, reducing latency and improving process performance.
- Search for “Graphics Settings” in Windows search and select the first thing that appears.
- Make sure to check the “Hardware-accelerated GPU planning”Option.
- You will now see a list of all the games installed on your system.
- Locate “Icarus“, then select it from the drop-down menu and set the performance to high.
- Please keep in mind that whether or not your system supports this feature depends on your system.
Stop all startup and background apps
When playing video games, over 80% of people don’t stop their startup or background apps. I will tell you how to do it in an instant without wasting your time. It can help you quickly improve performance in Icarus.
Disable startup apps in Windows 11 and Windows 10
- Enter Task Manager in the Windows search.
- After opening Task Manager, go to the Startup tab.
- Now choose the apps you want to prevent from starting while Windows starts.
- To prevent apps from running in the background.
Ultimate Performance Power Plan for Windows
This will increase the amount of energy consumed by your system. The more power you give to your system, the better the performance you will get while playing; thus, enabling this feature can help you get more FPS in video games.
- By pressing Windows key and searching for Cmd, you can find it.
- By selecting it from the context menu, you can run the command prompt as administrator.
- Enter the code in your CMD: “powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61“
- Now go to Power plan settings and select maximum performance.
Use Razor Game Booster for more FPS
Game Booster is a useful tool for increasing FPS. The essential operation of the game booster automatically closes all unnecessary apps that you need to manually close while you are playing.
Razer Cortex: Game Booster is one of the best known and oldest game boosters on the market. It’s free to use and is provided by Razer, one of the largest gaming companies.
This game booster is extremely easy to use. When you start playing the game, add Icarus to the Razor game booster. Razor game booster will automatically close all additional apps to generate more RAM and resources, giving you more FPS.
Icarus Fix Crash, Freeze, Stuck and more (remastered)
The steps below can be used to resolve the following issues in Icarus stuck, lag, and crash issues. These issues occur as a result of incorrect Windows settings and installation of unwanted apps.
Delete temporary files
Temporary files consume a lot of space on the hard drive. These temporary files also run in system memory to run faster the next time they are opened. We will therefore delete the temporary files to gain more FPS and give Icarus more priority.
- To look for % temp% and press ok.
- You will see a folder pop-up window, permanently delete the files in the folder.
- Go to the next file if it is not deleted, go to files.
- Restart your PC, now your temporary files are permanently deleted.
Update your Windows to the latest version
Windows Update can help you fix many bugs and issues that currently exist in the current version of your windows. So it is essential to update Windows whenever there is an update. It will also protect you from hackers. Updating windows will increase FPS in games.
- To look for “Windows Update“and press Enter.
- Click Check for Update.
- You will now see an option to update your operating system.
- Download the latest update.
- Wait for Windows to install the update on your system.
- Remove old version of Windows using Disk Cleanup (important)
Update GPU Drivers to Latest
Update your GPU drivers to the latest version. It helps you keep your games smoother. GPU manufacturers provide updates for their graphics processing software. It can solve a lot of issues and fps drops with most video games. So whenever there is an update download and install it.
- To look for “GeForce experience“in your windows and click on enter. If you do not have the application, you can download it from the official site of Nvidia, the same goes for the AMD Gpu.
- Navigate to the Drivers section in both GPU apps.
- Now click on check for updates.
- Click Download and install new updates if available.
- Restart your computer.
Disable third-party overlays
Crashes and stutters in games occur because of overlays in games. Third-party programs can interfere with the operation of games, causing the game to crash the first time it is launched. Remove or disable Rockstar, Steam, Discord launcher overlay settings.
You can also turn off the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay. It will help you increase FPS and reduce stuttering and drop FPS in video games. Make sure apps like MSI Afterburner and similar apps are not running in the background.
Disable or completely uninstall your antivirus
Antivirus software like Avast, Kaspersky, and Macafee can consume a lot of resources when running in the background. It is better to disable them or remove them completely for better performance. You can use Windows Defender by default for your protection because it is better than most antiviruses.
- Go to applications > Select the antivirus.
- Now click on Uninstall Antivirus.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Restart your system.
- Enjoy an additional 15-20 FPS in your video games.
Fullscreen optimizations and DPI replacement
- Go to the Icarus installation directory and find the .exe file
- Right click on the.exe file and select Properties from the menu.
- Now select “disable full screen optimization“as shown in the picture above.
- Click on “Change high resolution settings“and select”replace high resolution scaling“.
- Now click on apply and then you are good to go.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Hope I was able to help you with all of your concerns. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on the latest news on games and technology. I wish you all a pleasant day.
Hi, I’m best-game-reviews.com, a website about games and helping players get the information they need. We always provide the most complete and up-to-date news as well as share tips and tricks for playing some of the games. Thank you for reading this article